Friday, January 8, 2010

Why don't my pictures show up on my web page? Is my coding incorrect?

This is the code for my html page:


%26lt;h1%26gt;%26lt;a href=';http://www.csulb.edu/colleges/coe/鈥?src=';bannercoe.jpg'; alt=';College of Engineering Banner'; width=';1010'; height=';80';/%26gt;%26lt;/a%26gt;%26lt;/h1%26gt;





h1 { background-color: #FFA500;


color: #000000;


line-height:200%;


font-family:Georgia,';Times New Roman';,serif;


}


I have this portion between the %26lt;Head%26gt; of my html pageWhy don't my pictures show up on my web page? Is my coding incorrect?
UPDATE: Pay no attention to Answerer ';?'; as she is totally wrong!





Links and images DO NOT go between heading tags!!!!!Basically, that is semantically incorrect an not Search Engine friendly. YA shorten your code so can't follow to see if path is correct. Nor can I tell if you coded the HTML correctly.





For image links:





Making an image a link:





%26lt;p%26gt;%26lt;a href=';URL path to external link'; title=';Mouseover Description';%26gt;%26lt;img style=';width: XXpx; height: YYpx; border: 0;'; src=';Path to image'; alt=';Text Description';%26gt;%26lt;/a%26gt;%26lt;/p%26gt;





You can change the ';p'; tags to div tags and style as needed to make a nice div container for links.





I hope the CSS between your head tags is also placed between the style tags first. Styling for an h1 tag that containtains an image link is useless.





When images don't show, usually the path is incorrect because the image wasn't uploaded or the image and file calling it are not in the proper relationship for the path being used.





RonWhy don't my pictures show up on my web page? Is my coding incorrect?
Well from what I remember, there could be many possible answers. Is your CSS on it's own CSS coding page? Maybe it's because it's in a header.





h1 { background-color: #FFA500;


color: #000000;


line-height:200%;


font-family:Georgia,';Times New Roman';,serif;


}





Above has to be on it's own CSS page linked to your HTML page.


I could be wrong, but that's what I remember. I hope this helps. :) Just guess and check.
%26lt;img src=';bannercoe.jpg';%26gt;


%26lt;a href=';website';%26gt; is used to make a hyperlink. If you are trying to make it so that when someone clicks on the picture it goes to a website, it would be like this:


%26lt;a href=';website';%26gt;%26lt;img src=';bannercoe.jpg';%26gt;%26lt;/a%26gt;
Make sure the picture is still at the url you have there, and also make sure you have all the programs downloaded that you need to view pictures on your computer.
Hi,


I dont think h1 tag is needed for this, but you want it, doesn't matter.


This is the correct format:





%26lt;h1%26gt;%26lt;a href=';http://www.csulb.edu/colleges/coe/鈥?%26lt; img src=';bannercoe.jpg'; alt=';College of Engineering Banner'; width=';1010'; height=';80';/%26gt;%26lt;/a%26gt;%26lt;/h1%26gt;





Plz check the right path for img src, if image is available in the directory named images then put it %26lt;img src=';images/bannercoe.jpg';...





I hope this will solve your problem.
  • home facial
  • oil repair
  • natural shampoo
  • oil repair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment