Sunday, December 27, 2009

Need help coding in Visual Basic?

Simple program with a picture box and a textbox.





A picture is shown.


The user enters a response into the textbox.


The program checks if the response was correct (Each picture having a correct answer).





If wrong, waits for correct input.


If correct, clear the textbox, and displays a new picture.





Assume about 50 pictures, each having a single unique ';answer';.





How would I go about coding this? How do I build arrays? How do I generate random numbers, and then choose a picture based on that generation? How do I clear the textbox?





Any tips?Need help coding in Visual Basic?
%26gt;%26gt; How do I build arrays?


Dim myArray() As String


Dim otherArray(10) As Integer





%26gt;%26gt; How do I generate random numbers,


Dim myRandom As New Random()


myRandom.Next(1, 1000) 'makes integer between 1 and 1000





%26gt;%26gt; and then choose a picture based on that generation?


Name the pictures 1-1000.jpg, put them all in the same directory, construct a string for the path to the image (e.g., Dim strPath as String = ';c:\pics\'; %26amp; myRandom %26amp; ';.jpg';, assign the picturebox control's imagelocation attribute as that string, e.g., PB1.ImageLocation = strPath





%26gt;%26gt;How do I clear the textbox?


TextBox1.Text = String.Empty

No comments:

Post a Comment